Mother’s Day is fast approaching.
Are you ready to celebrate Mom in Sunday School?
Don’t worry! These three craft ideas below will help your students create meaningful keepsakes to celebrate Mom. Click the link for detailed instructions and try out our suggestions on how to personalize each one.
- Try adding phrases like “We love you!” or “Thanks, Mom!”
- Help younger students to add painted handprints on the apron.
- Allow older children to use fabric markers to draw their favorite memory with their moms.
- Instruct students to write a family favorite Bible verse on the candle.
- Offer a variety of candles so Mom can pick out her favorite scent.
- Use a larger glass jar and create a stained-glass vase. If budget allows, give each mom a flower.
- Have students create notes for Mom to place in the holder.
- Bring recipe cards so moms can swap their favorites with one another in class.
- Help students to write adjectives that describe their moms on the tiles.
Get creative and have fun! Make sure you write the date somewhere on your students’ crafts. This will make it easy for Mom to look back at her keepsake craft and remember when her child made the precious gift for her.
I hope these ideas encourage your students to recognize their moms, grandmas, and all the Christian women who impact their lives.
Here's a little extra encouragement for you or the other moms in your life.