I’ve said it. My friends have said it. Maybe you’ve said it too.
There are so many different tools for Growing in Christ and Cross Explorations Sunday School, it’s sometimes hard to keep track! From time to time, our team will post on our Sunday School Matters blog to feature a fun tool that may be just the thing you need!
Everyday Faith Family Pages
The first time I saw these, I had two thoughts:
- “These are great.”
- “Why didn’t I know about this?”
First, here’s how you find them:
- Go to cph.org/sundayschool.
- Click on Tools.
- Click on Everyday Faith Family Pages.
- Or . . . just click here.
Check them out! Each lesson gives your Sunday School families the Law/Gospel points, Bible Words, and Bible reference for the lesson of the day.
But that’s not all! There is a lesson summary to help parents remember the Bible account in a few quick paragraphs. There are often Fun Facts or other bonus items, and there is always a family prayer.
How can you use them?
- Print copies for your families every week. Encourage them to read these over lunch that day.
- Send them a link to the file in a Monday morning email. It’s a great way to follow up and keep the Sunday School account fresh throughout the week.
- Share them with your church. Maybe you can offer a stack of printouts near a busy doorway. You might even be able to print them and slip them in your bulletins. Not everyone is a parent or grandparent, but that’s the point! Encourage your entire church family to come together around the Sunday School lesson for the day.
- Use them in your church communications. Do you send out a weekly email? Are you active on your website? Offer these PDFs in your online correspondence to keep everyone in the know—even those who were unable to come this week. By pointing families to the quarterly link, your work is done for several months.
If you haven’t seen these helpful pages before, I hope you are excited as I was to know they exist! And if you have known, maybe these ideas will give you new ways to engage all of God’s children as they learn His Word.