Even more important than immersing kids in the theme, VBS decorations can offer cues to point kids to Jesus. Use your decorating as a backdrop to enhance the environment and teach the truth about Jesus Christ. Seek ways to visually point to Jesus, their Savior. Here are some easy ways to get you started:
1. Embed the visuals of the daily Bible stories in your decorating, especially in the storytelling area. One set of Bible Story Posters is included in your starter kit but you can reproduce the art from our Downloads page or purchase additional sets.
2. Use this life-size Jesus Stand-Up in Storytelling, Bible Challenge or even in your narthex to welcome the children. Order 2 or more and save. Just email the VBSTeam@cph.org and let us know “I want Jesus at my VBS.” We will give you a promo code to save 19% on our Jesus Stand-Up.
3. Use our decorating posters provided in your Starter Kit. Included are farm animals that you can cut out and to cardboard backing. Our sheep were specifically sized to use with our Jesus Stand-Up, creating a great keepsake photo op for kids, helping them remember that He is our Good Shepherd.
4. Use our Bible Memory Verse Posters, also included in the kit, to teach the beloved Psalm 23 passage. Each poster breaks the passage into memorable verses—helping kids remember God’s Word. These posters can be used long after VBS as wall art to keep the teachings of the Good Shepherd front and center.
5. Reuse these props after VBS for other areas of children’s ministry. Posters, the Jesus and cross stand-ups can be repurposed for Sunday school, children’s church, or midweek. And your nursery will appreciate the farm animal art in your church’s nursery.
An investment made in VBS decorations can go a long way towards pointing kids towards Jesus their Savior, even long after VBS is over.