In her new book, Authentic Youth Ministry: Straight Talk About Working with Kids, Teens, and In-Betweens, Cassie Moore tells it like it is with humor and grace. We caught up with Cassie to learn a bit more about her.
- What is your favorite food? Sushi and cupcakes
- What is the first thing you do when you wake up? Push my dogs off the bed so I can snooze longer
- What would be your dream vacation? An adventure tour around the world
encouraged you as you were writing Authentic Youth Ministry? My friends
and family were a great support, and my students were absolutely a
lifeline. They prayed for me unprompted every single day, cheered me on,
offered feedback, and kept me grounded.
- Who is the most
influential person in your life? Besides my incredible family and dear
friends, I am inspired by many biblical figures—namely, David and
Paul—as well as historical leaders like Washington, Wilberforce, Teddy
Roosevelt, and Bonhoeffer.
- What is your favorite season? Fall
- How do you take your coffee? As large a cup as possible, with cream
- Who is your favorite author? I’m a voracious reader; it’s hard to pick one! I love Eric Metaxas and Margaret Mitchell.
is your favorite Bible verse? “For God gave us a spirit not of fear but
of power and love and self-control” (2 Timothy 1:7 ESV).
- Cats or Dogs? Dogs! I own two.
are your hopes for Authentic Youth Ministry? I hope it encourages,
inspires, refreshes, and challenges leaders of all ages. We’re all in
this together, so we might as well laugh and learn together. God can use
each one of us in a special way to impact kids and teens.
is your favorite part about working with youth? I ALWAYS have the best
stories to tell at the Thanksgiving table! Besides that, I love seeing
those moments in which the Holy Spirit is undeniably at work in changing
my students’ lives. It’s like seeing a bit of heaven unfold here on