Mother’s Day is coming fast. If you are in search of a quick, sweet craft to do with your child for Mom, we have two great options for you.
“Love You, Mom” Water Cup
- White or clear plastic drinking cup
- Permanent markers in several colors
- Smock or old shirt to cover clothes
- Put on the smock and decorate the cup with the markers. Be creative! Here are some suggestions:
- Draw a picture of your mom or of your family.
- Draw a picture of something she likes!
- Draw symbols of God’s love such as a heart, a cross, or a Baptism shell.
- Write a Mother’s Day message such as “I love you, Mother!” or “WOW.” (Use all capitals so when you turn the cup upside down it says MOM!)
- Write a Bible verse. Proverbs 31:28 “Her children rise up and call her blessed” (Proverbs 31:28). “The joy of the LORD is your strength” (Nehemiah 8:10).
- Fill the cup with little gifts like candy or flowers.
- Give it to your mother with a hug and a kiss!
- Several bars of Ivory Soap
- Liquid soap, like Johnson’s brand baby wash
- Bowl, paper plates
- Heart-shaped cookie cutter
- Access to a microwave
- Paper lunch sack and colored markers
- Break the Ivory Soap into chunks and put in a bowl. Microwave it in batches for 20 to 30 seconds. It expands and is fun to watch! Remove from the microwave and break into crumbles.
- Put the crumbles on a paper plate.
- Add a small amount of liquid soap to the crumbles. Form the soap into a new soap ball.
- Continue to add liquid soap until you have the right amount for the soap to stay together in its new shape.
- Flatten the ball with your hand on the plate.
- Use a cookie cutter to cut out a heart.
- Make more!
- Let the soap dry.
- Decorate a lunch sack for a gift bag and put the soap in it!
Give it to your mother with a hug and a kiss!